At Indie Shuffle, we believe humans are better than robots when it comes to music discovery.
Think about it. How many of your favorite bands were recommended to you by a friend?
That’s why we’ve assembled a team of international writers to bring you the best music, including indie rock, hip hop, electronica… and everything in between.
It’s music discovery powered by real people. Consider us your new best friends :-)
How to reach us
Indie Shuffle gets an overwhelming amount of submissions daily. Here’s who to contact:
– Indie Shuffle’s Who To Watch in 2013 on Hipstamatic’s Snap Magazine
– Curated SoundCloud playlists in a sweet iOS app on The Next Web
– iPhone App Review on Der Spiegel
– iPhone App Review on ecosalon
– 20 Best iPhone and iPad apps on The Guardian (UK)
– Indie Shuffle Shakes Up Music Discovery on iPhone on The Appside
– New iPhone Apps Worth Downloading on Appolicious
– Indie Shuffle Launches iPhone Music Discovery App on Musically
– Blog of the Day on Nylon Mag
– Top 25 Music Blogs of 2012 on Oh So Fresh
– Blog of the Day on shuffler.fm
– Featured Website on Blog Da Emme
– Best Streaming Music Sites for College Students on College Info Geek
– Interview w/Jason on Oh So Fresh Music
– Featured Website on Yow Yow!
– Interview w/Hugh on Major Raiser
– Interview w/Hannah on Trusted Places by Yell
– Interview w/Jason on Bees Knees Mag
– Best New Music Blogs on Ibiza Rocks
– Featured Website on In Ray
How do we do this legally?
We work closely with artists and labels to bring you the highest quality curated music. Our streams typically use the Soundcloud API, a platform on which the user agrees that:
[When] uploading Your Content to the [Soundcloud] Platform, you also grant a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, licence to other users of the Platform, and to users of any other websites, apps and/or platforms to which Your Content has been shared or embedded using the Services (“Linked Services”), to use, copy, transmit or otherwise distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works of, make available and otherwise communicate to the public Your Content within the parameters set by you using the Services.
When SoundCloud streams are unavailable, we use alternative sources hosted by other websites, with strong attribution and link back to that source. We assume that these sources have permission to host the stream. We are not in the habit of hosting songs ourselves unless explicitly agreed to with the artist (eg, for promotional download). That said, we are more than happy to work with you if you have concerns about music streaming through our website. Please email Jason with any requests.
– Terms of Service
When did Indie Shuffle start?
In September of 2008, an email went out to a group of friends that included some of the best new music found over a period of only two weeks (bands included Foals, Patrick Watson, and Flamingo Crash). Twelve email “editions” and about 50 bands later, this old website was up and running:
Since the old website, Indie Shuffle has come a long way. Today, we are happy to be able to bring you some of the best music we can find in a quick, clean, and user-friendly format.