By sweeneykovar | January 19th, 2013
Just because one is a rapper or one likes to rap, it does not necessarily make one a good rapper. These types of individuals are classified by a small circle of professional rap experts as “rappin’ ass rappers.”
In his debut 7″ for Mello Music Group, Quelle enlists production from House Shoes and guest vocals from his brother-from-another, Denmark Vessey, to break down the criteria that makes an individual fall into the category of “rappin’ ass rapper.” If you find yourself agreeing with or posessing one of the following attributes, you may very well be a “rappin’ ass rapper.” Do any of the following describe you?
- Are you always trying to rap?
- Do you try to freestyle?
- Do you like thirsty hoes?
- Are you trying to blow?
- Are you trying to get exposed?
- Do you want to kick it?
- Do you want to get in the lab, collab and smoke a bag but have no dough?
- Do you have a cousin in ATL, NY or LA that is ‘buzzin’?
- Do you rap over SoundClick beats?
- Do you have bad breath?
- Do you only record your raps in Pro Tools?
- Do you have a big chain?
- Do you say “Peace, God”?
- Do you say “fuck rap”?
- Do you have concepts?
- Is it your year?
- Do you rock backpacks?
- Do you hit refresh on YouTube to see if your view counts went up?
- Do you always bring someone new to the studio?
- Are you into clothing lines and fashion designers?
- Do you wear a wife beater under your t-shirt so it looks like you’re flexing just a little bit?
If you find yourself to be a “rappin’ass rapper,” all is not lost. Talk to a loved one, seek help. Rehab may be an option. There is a future after rap.