A few months ago, I had the pleasure of reviewing a song by New Zealand's LEISURE. We didn't know much about the mysterious musicians then, and we don't know much more now. Here are the new facts:
- LEISURE is made up of five gentleman, of varying hair lengths and facial hair designs.
- Last week they debuted not one, but two, new tracks. If I was held at knife point and my life depended on picking a favorite of the two, it would be this one.
- This track is groovy, flirtatious, and almost too cool for our ears.
- They are thoughtful enough to offer varying backgrounds of their album cover for your smartphone. For free.
- On October 23, they are playing at show in New York City. If you live in New York City or New Jersey or New Mexico, you should probably cancel all your plans, buy a new pair of kicks, and RSVP.
- This perplexing group of talent is most definitely trying to take over the entire world with their music. Their songs belong in low-lit spaces and inspire swaying with someone just out of reach.
Enjoy, fellow sleuths. I'll keep investigating.
Streaming source: http://soundcloud.com/theleisurecollective/take-it-to-the-top-1